Monday, July 16, 2007

good times




A few weeks ago we had a Jensen, Decker and Cook block party at our house. It was so fun to see all three of our families together. Brother and Sister Jensen just returned from Indonesia where they served a mission and Brother Jensen was called to be the Mission President. I love the Jensen’s and Decker’s I am so lucky that I got to grow up next to them. They are the BEST!





We got back last night from Lake Powell and we had a blast! It was fun to spend time with my family in such a beautiful place. We did lots of tubing, wakeboarding, eating and laughing. I love that place and I am so glad we got to go this year.
Over the 4th of July weekend we went to Desert Ridge in Scottsdale for a few days and shopped, ate and hung out at the pool. We watched the fireworks at Tempe Town Lakes,
they were great.


Welcome home brothers! My two younger brothers that are twins came home! I got to see Sean in Harrisburg at his missionary farewell fireside. He looked Awesome and was so happy and full of the spirit. I had to wait until I came home to see the other twin, and he looked just as good. I love my family, they are the best. My brothers did not know anything that was going on with Justin and I. My parents didn’t want them to have to worry about us for the last few weeks of their missions. So, I told them right after they got released and they were so sad and shocked. They cried so hard when I told them. They love Justin and were really close to him. It is so sad. They have been so sweet to me, and when I came home from Maryland they were at the airport with signs and each of them were holding a bouquet of flowers for me. They are the best brothers.


This was the Monday night before I left Maryland. A few of my friends came to Bill Bateman’s to say good bye. It was so sad to leave so many fun people that I have got to know over the last year. I miss all of them so much. I love all of you girls, thanks for your love and support. You girls are the best!

18 comments:

Candice said...

how fun! im so happy that you have such a great family and lots of good friends. Things seem to be easier during trials when you have such a strong support group! and guess what? me and troy are moving to az cause hes going to asu so we will for sure get together!
love candice

Grace Ryan said...

how fun! I'm so glad you were allowed to go to Lake Powell and enjoy yourself! You are too cute for words and I'm glad you have so much family with you to support you and be there for you. Love you to pieces.

Jamielynn said...

Steph I love all the new pictures. You are so LUCKY to have such an amazing family. AND wow can you say popular!! All those girls are so lucky to know such an amazing person...YOU!!! You are so loved steph by so many people...but heck can you blame them. Cant wait to see you wed.!! Love ya!!

OurHappyFamily said...

Oh Steph. . . these pics put a huge smile on my face!!! You are adorable. Can't wait to see you on Wednesday.

Smith Family said...

Oh my gosh... I cannot believe how grown up your brothers are! I know that we are suppose to grow up, but it always blows me away when I see younger brothers and sisters growing up too!! And the Lake Powell pictures, well can I just say that those bring back some memories! You really do have a wondeful family and exended family with the Deckers and Jensens! Sounds like you have a lot of love surrounding you- and you deserve it!

Emily Evans said...

Your pictures make me miss my family. Looks like so much fun and it's always exciting to have missionaries come home. I love your short straight hair. You look beautiful!

Jill said...

Steph, It looks like you have had such a fun couple of weeks with your family! I will admit I got a little teary eyed when I read about your brothers meeting you at the airport with the flowers. They are so sweet. Your family is the best!

ps. im excited to see you in August when you come up for education week!

mattnbeth said...

i LOVE the update. so many great pictures. you look great, as usual. looks like youre having tons of fun and staying busy with your family. im so glad. we miss seeing your face out here, but wish we were there instead :)

The Evers said...

Look at you still partying it up! You have way too much fun! Love ya!

diana said...

looks like you're staying busy... good for you!

blythe said...

I love all the pictures! How fun for you to have so many friends and family around. You look great!

Taryn said...

What a great update! Steph, Ryan and I send our love! I think about you often and want you to know we are here for you. You look so great!

McCall said...

looks like you have been busy. lake powell is awesome! that is so fun that your brothers are home, how exciting. i felt like it was just yesterday you were telling me about them leaving... cRAZY!

Summertime Designs said...

Steph- It was so great to see you at the Block Party. Seeing all of you so made me miss my mom and it just reminded my of all the good times we used to have. What a blessing it is to have such awesome friends as you and the Jensens! That's so great that your WHOLE family could be together and have a fun time at Lake Powell. You are simply awesome and I am praying for you every day! Love ya!

Summer

Jessie Evans said...

What fun pictures!! It looks like you've been busy with lots of family and friends lately. Sometime soon you should busy yourself on up to Utah so the rest of us can enjoy your company.

Marianne said...

Wow Steph..you look so fabulous!! It's good to hear things are going a little better. I cant wait to come see you. So fun to be with your family. I am with mine right now!!

Aubree said...

Steph-Love the pictures! You have had an eventful few weeks. I wish I could have seen you yesterday at lunch but I got stuck at work. Looks like we will have to do it again here in the near future. You are such an amazing person and I hate that you have to go through the things that have been dealt to you, but atleast you have a good support system. When things get rough I find it best to step back and think that this is just a small peice in the whole realm of eternity. There is so much ahead. It's definitely not something you signed up for or ever thought would happen to you, but there is a reason it all happened. I look up to you a lot and have been thinking and praying for you. Keep smiling!

adrienne and ryan said...

Oh Steph, it's just not the same here without you. Miss you! love a